Do you communicate well?
What communication mistakes are you making when talking to members of your team, your patients, customers, clients, or in your personal life?
If you’re not consciously communicating to others, you can make any or all of the mistakes on this list!
To communicate consciously, means being aware of what we say and how we say it. Think about that statement for just a minute. Use this self check list or ask an other to use it as an evaluation tool to discover how you communicate with others Or use it in your business as a team building tool.
Learn how to consciously communicate; it will help you be more successful in communicating your needs.
1. You show a lack of credibility.
2. You are disrespectful.
3. You interrupt or disrupt the flow.
4. There’s a lack of clarity in what you are saying.
5. No warmth or empathy in your voice or body language
6. You are a weak listener.
7. You’re a poor speaker.
8. You display the wrong focus.
9. Your style is ineffective.
10. You have an annoying voice or tone.
Next article, I’ll address each point individually.