Meetings – Conferences – Mediation
Facilitation is used in business and organizational settings to ensure the design and coordination of successful meetings, reviews or workshops.
A variety of options are available depending on the current status of a team or group. These options can include, but are not limited to:
- Impartial business meetings
- Personal reviews
- Focused conversations
- Team building
Generally facilitation serves the needs of a group/team for a common purpose for example,
- Making a decision
- Solving a problem
- Exchanging ideas and information
The Process and Rules
Crown Business Coaching Group works closely with the client in understanding the purpose and outcome of the meeting by discussing it with the client beforehand. A draft agenda is drawn up for approval by the client, completed and on approval is then shared with the participants.
The role of the Facilitator in such meetings is one of process.
- The Facilitator owns the process of the meetings, the agenda, timing, rules of engagement such as time-outs and procedures that will be adopted, location and layout of the room, encourage participation from attendees, help participants understand different points of view, foster solutions that incorporate diverse points of view, manage participants behavior, create a safe environment, teach new thinking skills and facilitate structured thinking activities.
- The Facilitator does not own the topic under discussion and the identity of the owner is made clear to the participants.
- The Facilitator DOES NOT LEAD the participants towards the answer he or she thinks best even if they possess an opinion on the subject matter.
- The Facilitator makes it easier for the group to arrive at its own answer, decision or deliverable.
- Records agreements and note unresolved issues for a later meeting.
- Write up the results of the meeting to everyone concerned including those who could not attend the meeting.
Facilitation services are available on-line via various connections, or most services are available on site.